100% Proven Track Record
THE REAL DEAL
MINISTRY MEDAL OF HONOR
From 1994, I have accumulated 26+ years of international credibility for my recognized and honored social economic development initiatives (100s of projects across Mongolia’s entire territory) to assist in Mongolia’s social economic post-soviet transition and stabilization. I’m not just another foreigner to the Mongols that is seen as a “taker”, like so many other foreigners operating in Mongolia, but rather I’ve been respected and honored as an International Specialist (Mongolian Ministry’s Medal of Honor) for my continuous contributions towards the advancement of Mongolia’s social economic development; cashmere, meat, tourism, film and tv, etc., industries across Mongolia and abroad.
TIMELINE HIGHLIGHTS; ACHIEVEMENTS AND RECOGNITIONS
- 2020 Los Angeles Travel and Adventure Show – Official Speaker (Zanjan Fromer) & Exhibitor (GERtoGER.org)
- 2019 The Amazing Race Australia – Mongolia: Episodes 5 & 6 – Country Fixer, Facilitator/Representative
- 2019 One of 200 Founding Members of Airbnb Adventures
- 2019 Photographers Without Borders – Featured Article (GERtoGER.org)
- 2019 Petit Fute Guidebook and Online Marketing – GERtoGER.org (inside cover-page)
- 2019 Ministry approved Exhibitor (GERtoGER.org) – WTM London
- 2019 Ministry approved Exhibitor (GERtoGER.org) – Switzerland’s International Travel Fair (FESPO)
- 2018/19 “Recommended Business” Trip Advisor – GERtoGER.org
- 2018 New York & The Cut Magazines – Featured In (GERtoGER.org)
- 2018 USA TODAY – GOBI DESERT & GER to GER
- 2018 Ministry approved Exhibitor (GERtoGER.org) – Taipei, Taiwan’s International Travel Market
- 2018 Ministry approved Exhibitor (GERtoGER.org) – Korean International Travel Fair (KOTFA)
- 2018 Panelist Speaker at the USAID Funded LEAD SUMMIT (Leaders for Democracy)
- 2017 LEBEN Magazine – Featured Article (GERtoGER.org)
- 2017 WIENERIN REISE – Featured Article (GERtoGER.org)
- 2017 Ministry approved Exhibitor (GERtoGER.org) – World Travel Market London, UK
- 2017 Ministry approved Exhibitor (GERtoGER.org) – Seoul International Travel Mart Expo
- 2017 Exhibitor (GERtoGER.org) – COTTM, Beijing’s International Travel Exhibition
- 2017 Ministry approved Exhibitor (GERtoGER.org) – ITB Berlin, Germany International Travel
- 2016/17 Mongolia Producer of “Dani’s Way”; Beijing, USA, Mongolia – Ministry Supported
- 2016 WELT-SITCHEN – Featured Article (GERtoGER.org)
- 2016 Ministry approved Exhibitor (GERtoGER.org) – World Travel Market (WTM) London, England
- 2016 Ministry approved Exhibitor (GERtoGER.org) – ITB Berlin International Travel Exhibition
- 2015 THE MINISTERIAL MEDAL OF HONOR FOR LEADERSHIP with PASSPORT BOOK & SEAL
- 2015 Ministry approved Exhibitor (GERtoGER.org) – WTM London Travel Exhibition
- 2015 Ministry approved Exhibitor (GERtoGER.org) – ITB Berlin International Travel Exhibition
- 2006-Today Official Partner of Give2Asia (USA501c3)
- 2005-Today IMDb Profile (not all works are listed); The Amazing Race, No Strangers, In the Footsteps of Genghis Khan, etc.
- 2014 Certified Member of the American Society of Travel Agents (ASTA)
- 2008-2014 Lonely Planet “…most innovative tourism concept in Mongolia, …top of every traveller’s wish list…” (GERtoGER.org)
- 2014 Ministry approved Exhibitor (GERtoGER.org) – ITB Berlin Travel Exhibition
- 2014 Adventure Travel Show London Exhibitor (GERtoGER.org)
- 2014 Exhibitor (GERtoGER.org) – Hong Kong Adventure International Travel Exhibition
- 2013 ZEIT ONLINE – Featured Article (GERtoGER.org)
- 2013 Ministry approved Exhibitor (GERtoGER.org) – WTM London Travel Exhibition
- 2013 ROUGH GUIDES – Meet the Locals – “How to Immerse Yourself on Your Local Travels” (GERtoGER.org)
- 2012 Exhibitor (GERtoGER.org) – COTTM Beijing, China International Travel Exhibition
- 2012 NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC’s “World’s Best Travel Experiences” #8 – GERtoGER.org
- 2010 NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC’s Geotourism Ambassadorship (GERtoGER.org)
- 2010 NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC’s Global Finalist Certificate (GERtoGER.org)
- 2010 Honored by National Geographic as one of World’s Innovative Travel Entrepreneurs (GERtoGER.org)
- 2010 The Travel World – Featured Article (GERtoGER.org)
- 2010 National Geographic Geotourism Guide – GERtoGER.org
- 2009 Top 10 Global Finalist of National Geographic Society & Ashoka Changemakers “Power of Place”
- 2009 WHL Travel’s Urban Adventures Award (GERtoGER.org)
- 2009 Tour Dust’s Scholarship Award (GERtoGER.org)
- 2009 NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC’s Weekend Broadcast (GERtoGER.org)
- 2009 NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC’s Publication “Mongolei” by Carmen Rohrbach – Featured (GERtoGER.org)
- 2007 NBC UNIVERSAL STUDIO’S Syfy Channel – “Destination Truth” – Josh Gates
- 2007 United States Agency for International Development Grant Winner (GERtoGER.org Expansion)
- 2007 Officially recommended by UNESCAP at its 63rd Session – Page 14
- 2006-07 Give2Asia.org – GER to GER Fund with the Assistance of Loreena McKennitt/The Asian Foundation
- 2006 NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC’s D.C. Museum – filmed Centerpiece Film “Mongolia: Rebirth of Traditions”
- 2006 CBS’s The Amazing Race – Mongolia: Season 10 E.2 (Emmy/DGA Season) – Country Fixer/Facilitator
- 2005-Today FOUNDED GERtoGER.org – Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation Grant Winner
- 2005 World Bank Tender Winner – Cross-Industry Supply Chain/Competitiveness Study and Analysis
- 2005 USAID/CHF’s Ger Initiative (Global Communities) – Tender Winner – Project Manager/Filmmaker of over 16 short SME infomercial films about CHF International’s community initiatives across Mongolia
- 2002 BIT Milan, Italy International Travel Exhibition – One of Two Official Mongolian Tourism Association/USAID Organizing Representatives (the other official representative was Michelle Morgan, C.O.P. of the USAID funded The Competitiveness Initiative) – 1st time in Mongolian History that “Mongolia” participated in an International Travel Exhibition post 1989; post-Soviet transitional works.
- 2000-03 USAID funded The Competitiveness Initiative – Honored by Mongolia’s Tourism Association for Contributions made towards the Development of Mongolia’s Tourism Industry.
- 1999 USA Embassy of Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia – Review the Mongolian Labor Law and Report
- LATE 1998-99 United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded Gobi Initiative – Geographic Watershed Information Systems (GIS)
- 1998-99 SOROS Foundation Mongolia – Annual Report/Founded First Terminology & Semantics Symposium
- 1996-97 Mongolian Assoc. for Conservation of Nature/Environment; Snow Leopard/Gobi Bear
- 1996-2000 First American to attended courses at the National University of Mongolia (as a Mongol)
- 1995-1996 Mongolian Language & Culture Certification Course
- 1995-96 UN Convention on The Rights of the Child – Mongolian Development Center
- 1994 Arrived in Mongolia
- 1992-94 Alaskan Sightseeing and Cruise West
- 1992 “Close Up Foundation” Washington D.C. Selectee
PROPETERRA – www.PROPETERRA.com
Executive Producer & Editor of Video/Multimedia Productions
December 2020 – Present • London, United Kingdom • Part Time Remote Position to Assist A Start Up
I’ve remotely produced and edited (scripted and non-scripted) numerous country level market-intelligence videos spanning Latin America, Japan, Thailand, China, Mongolia, Africa, South Africa, London, etc., as well as marketing videos for Propeterra clients in these regions, and most importantly, Propeterra’s updated flagship/centerpiece marketing videos for it’s Resource Centers.
Samples of these works can be viewed via my website at FILMMAKER: FIXER/PRODUCER/SHOWREEL
GER to GER GEOtourism (ECOtourism) Agency/Foundation – www.GERtoGER.org
Founder, Chief Marketing Officer & Humanitarian/Strategic Field Specialist
June 2005 – Present • Mongolia/International • 40+ hours per week • Often 6 to 7 days a week
Since founding GER to GER, it has become the world’s first social enterprise (community-based ecotourism) to sustainably work with nomadic families across Mongolia for 15+ years. GER to GER’s strong humanitarian outreach components endeavor to create sustainable alternative-livelihoods for remotely located nomadic families and rural communities. Thus generating decades of recognitions – The Amazing Race USA, The Amazing Race Australia, National Geographic Society, Ashoka Changemakers, UNESCAP, Lonely Planet, Rough Guides, New York Magazine, USA TODAY and more. Most of my career at GER to GER has been centered on strategic competitiveness development via multi-sector/multi-industry rural/urban-to-international as well as international-to-urban/rural offline/online initiatives, e.g.: digital/non-digital supply & value chains (*MEL/**TAA), market intelligence analysis/strategy development, global marketing campaigns, multinational planning and management (*MEL/**TAA): B2B & B2C trade and expos/email marketing/social media/etc., web design/web development, SEO/SEM analysis & strategies, print/digital publishing, photography, videography/editing, audio/soundtrack mixing, as well as industry related destination advancement e.g. community/responsible tourism development [R&D, branding, assessing supply chains/nodes and value chains, assessing/mapping risks for mitigation endeavors, etc.]. GER to GER properly highlights my marketing capacities, as my team and I have cost-effectively advanced the strategic international market competitiveness of remotely located nomadic families’ community-based tourism endeavors across Mongolia into global marketing arenas via famed travel expos (ITB, WTM, London Adventure Show, FESPO, COTTM, LA Travel & Trade Show, etc.), film/tv productions, social media campaigns, strategic email marketing campaigns, business networks, etc. In short, for decades I’ve personally analyzed, strategized, navigated, GIS-d, designed, developed, produced, implemented, managed, etc., every level countless times (100s of deliverables); from the roughness of the field (four seasons) to famed global business events.
The Amazing Race Australia (Mongolia) “The Best Episode Yet!”
Country Fixer, Facilitator, Production Management & Field Specialist
April 2019 – October 2019 (6 months) • Mongolia • 40+ hours per week • Often 6 to 7 days a week
GER to GER was contracted as Country Facilitator, Fixer, Production Management, etc., responsible for all aspects of The Amazing Race production (Channel 10) from assisting with creative, managing location scouts, budgets, pre-production, production management (nearly some 200 multinational human resources) and post production, all ground logistics/accommodations, permits, human resources, contracting, etc., till final wrap-up.
Adventure-Studio.com – MASS Media/TV (a GERtoGER.ORG Department)
Founder, Chief Marketing Officer, Mass Media Marketing Specialist, Fixer & Expedition Logistics September 2003 – Present • Mongolia/International • Depending on Projects; 40+ hours per week
I established Adventure Studio (a Mongolia-based Studio which later became a department within GERtoGER.org) after working for USAID The Competitiveness Initiative as a means to continue assisting Mongolia’s meat, tourism, cashmere and mining industries to further strengthen their export marketing efforts. Adventure Studio quickly gained recognition and respect owing to domestic and international works (countless projects: film, tv, digital media, mass media, marketing, etc.), and became the cornerstone in Mongolia that international film and tv crews would contract to carry-out their nationwide productions (fixer, production manager, line producer, associate producer, producer, etc.); e.g., National Geographic Society, CBS’s The Amazing Race, UNIVERSAL/Syfy’s Destination Truth, NBC, Arclight, No Strangers, etc.
Adventure Studio and GERtoGER.org were contracted as Country Fixer, Production Management, etc., responsible for all aspects of Destination Truth’s production from assisting with creative, managing location scouts, budgets, pre-production, production management and post production, all ground logistics/ accommodations, permits, human resources, contracting, etc., till final wrap-up…
National Geographic Society Washington D.C. Museum
Filmmaker November 2006 (1 month) • Mongolia – Washington D.C. • 40+ hours per week
Adventure Studio was contracted by National Geographic’s Museum to produce the Museum’s Centerpiece Film: “Rebirth of Mongolia’s Traditions”.
CBS’s The Amazing Race USA in Mongolia – EMMY/DGA WINNING SEASON
Country Fixer, Facilitator, Production Management & Field Specialist March 2006 – June 2006 (3 months) • Mongolia • 40+ hours per week • Often 6 to 7 days a week
Adventure Studio and GERtoGER.org were contracted as Country Facilitator, Fixer, Production Management, etc., responsible for all aspects of The Amazing Race production from assisting with creative, managing location scouts, budgets, pre-production, production management (nearly some 200 multinational human resources) and post production, all ground logistics/accommodations, permits, human resources, contracting, etc., till final wrap-up… This season of The Amazing Race won both EMMY/DGA Awards.
World Bank Mongolia and World Bank D.C.
Project Manager and Industry Specialist June 2005 – October 2005 (4 months) • Mongolia • 40+ hours per week • Often 6 to 7 days a week
Short Term Assignment – Mongolian Alternatives Center (a Mongolian NGO) Contracted by the World Bank to lead a multinational team of multi-industry specialists to design and carryout a cross-industry survey, data-crunch and produce an overall cross-industry (tourism, etc.) social economic supply chain map and analysis report for World Bank’s Multi-Industry Competitiveness Business Climate Report.
USAID funded Ger Initiative – CHF INTERNATIONAL
Contractor, Project Manager & Filmmaker June 2004 (1 month) • Mongolia • 40+ hours per week • Often 6 to 7 days a week
Adventure Studio was contracted as Project Manager/Filmmaker of over 16 short films about CHF International’s community SMEs across Mongolia.
USAID FUNDED The Competitiveness Initiative – NATHAN/J.E. AUSTIN ASSOCIATES
Communications and Mass Media Marketing Specialist
2000 – Spring 2004 (less than 4 years) • Mongolia/International • 40+ hours/6 to 7 days a week
Contracted via J.E. Austin Associates – In brief, I was contracted as a Communications & Mass Media Marketing Specialist to assist Mongolia’s main industries (meat, tourism and cashmere) through its post-soviet transitional development via foundation laying ‘Open Market Initiatives’ to re-establish its market competitiveness through mass-media, filmmaking, producing a broad diversity of multi-industry destination/export marketing materials, branding, etc., for the National Industry Associations and their respective multinational member companies. Within these initiatives, our focus was to strengthen industry-marketing and positively foster cross-industry tourism supply chains (destinations, natural/cultural resources, experiences, food/drink, accommodations, fuel/oil, land/air transportation, etc.) into Global Competitiveness via 100s of deliverables that were tailor-made for companies, industries and the country in relation to their international marketing endeavors; B2B, B2C, Magazines, Associations, Expos, etc.
USAID funded Gobi Initiative – MERCY CORPS
Data Processing and GIS Mapping November 1998 – April 1999 (5 months) • Mongolia • 40+ hours per week
Short Term Assignment – Contracted by Mercy Corps International to convert existing data-sets into nationwide digital/interactive GIS database maps that mapped the underground water flows, watersheds, etc., to assist projects focused on supporting Mongolia’s nomadic families.
Mongolian Association for Conservation of Nature and Environment
Field Logistics October 1996 – December 1996 (2 months) • Mongolia’s Gobi Desert • 40+ hours per week
Short Term Assignment – Expedition Support for American/Mongolian Biologists.
Alaska Sightseeing Cruise West
Customer Service, Prep Chef & Ship Support May 1992 – November 1994 (2 years 6 months) • Southeast Alaska/Columbia River • 40+ hours per week
General marine/land related seasonal tourism on and off ship both in Alaska and along the Columbia River. Professional starting point where I had learned numerous professional skills via the ship’s chef, customer service crew, deckhands, 1st officer and captain: cooking, marine navigation, ship maintenance, customer service, etc. Shortlist of Skill-sets: Marine Tourism Related, Cooking, Deckhand, Marine Travel & Safety, etc.